7219Re: NSLU beginner - programmer with big problems :-(

  • jeppepeder
    Mar 11 6:11 PM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike (mwester)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > jeppepeder wrote:
      > > Hello !
      > > I hope that someone PLEASE could help me, because I have spend
      more
      > > than 40 hours on trying upgrading my NSLU. Now I have lost
      contact
      > > with the NSLU and cant use it.
      > > I have read a lot of webpages and used google, but not found a
      > > solution.
      > >
      > > I have tryed to update the NSLU in two wayes but can't get
      further
      > > on. In the following text I will explain what the status is, and
      the
      > > status is called STATUS A and STATUS B. In both cases I try to
      upload
      > > the firmware "Unslug 6.10Beta firmware" forund here:
      > >
      > > STATUS A:
      > > ----------
      > > I have downloaded the upgrade-program UgUtil described on the
      page
      > > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/SercommFirmwareUpdater where
      > > found the link http://www.everbesthk.com/8-
      > > download/sercomm/firmware/NU54/Upgrade_207_XP.zip.
      > > First I bring the NSLU into the UpgradeMode readu for firmware
      > > upgrade.
      > > When I run the program Ugutil it find the NSLU and ask for the
      file
      > > to upload. I select the first Unslug file mentioned on the page
      > > http://www.slug-firmware.net/ with the text "Download Unslung
      > > binaries". The program get through the "Erase EProm" an get
      further
      > > to the "upload frimware", but it stay at 0% upload and the UgUtil
      > > program send me an error message...
      >
      > Can you share that error message with us? That might be helpful.
      >
      > Lacking any other information, it seems as though you may have a
      network
      > problem of sorts. Can you also describe how your host PC and the
      NSLU2
      > are connected to the network, and what you have tried already (in
      terms
      > of changing cables, etc.)?
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

      Upgrade Utility show NSLU2 device on netvork with the following
      information:
      Device Name: 001A70A1AF4
      Current Version: FFFF
      Upgrade version: 2363
      Device List: 001A70A1AF47

      First Upgradewindow show "Erasing EProm". Next it show "Upgrading ...
      0%" After a while it show a new window with the following text:

      Upgrade process fail, please check
      1. Print server power connection or
      2. Ethernet cable
      Upgrade not completed, please retry

      Upgrading is still at 0% when the program stop.

      I have tried to ping the NSLU2, at the following ip-adresses:
      192.168.1.77
      192.168.1.100
      no response. When ping'ing 192.168.2.255 I get the
      message "Hardwareerror".

      The NSLU are connected directly by Ethernet cable to my laptop.
      Everythin is 10 days old. When I recieved the NSLU2 it worked fine by
      Ethernet cable to my laptop and over my wireless router.

      I dont know what more to tell ?
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic