7169high pitch noise

  • ficedula
    Feb 25, 2008
      Hi, I just purchased a nslu2, and installed debian on it right away.
      No problems here. But it is making this high pitched whining noise
      when it is running. I can easily hear it in a silent room several feet
      away, and it is quite easy to hear by putting your ear on the device
      (as a comparison my asus wl-500g is dead silent).

      Is this high pitched noise normal for the nslu2? Has anyone else
      experienced this?

      I tried switching network/usb cables, putting the attached usb disk
      through a powered usb hub instead being directly attached. Nothing helped.

      It is quite unbearable to listen to, and actually defies it's purpose
      as a silent server...
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic