7019Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Preserving ALLCAPS directory names on FAT partitions

  • Mike (mwester)
    Jan 4, 2008
      "dnquark" <leo.alekseyev+nabble@...> writes:
      > Both /etc/mtab and/etc/fstab have references only to the unslung drive
      > (/dev/sdaX) and have no information regarding mounting the FAT32
      > drives on port 1 (/dev/sdbX and /dev/sdcX).
      >
      > So I'm still stuck on how to mount the drives so that Samba displays
      > unicode properly. It works when the drives mount automagically, so it
      > seems there is a way to do it when manually remounting!

      cat /proc/mounts
      will show you what/how the device was mounted. But also keep in mind that
      perhaps the issue may involve how Samba is configured as well; the Linksys
      logic also ensures that a custom Samba configuration is created when it
      automounts the drive.

      Mike (mwester)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic