7008Re: Preserving ALLCAPS directory names on FAT partitions

  • dnquark
    Jan 2, 2008
      That didn't work for me. Perhaps I need to make sure that rc.local
      runs before Samba (smbd) loads?

      I have another issue: the mount command that I use screws up unicode
      in Samba. I assume that since when the system mounts the volumes
      automatically unicode works fine, there is a mount option that I am
      missing. I tried -o iocharset=iso8859-1 or iocharset=utf8 options,
      but then mount fails. When I try to use -o utf8, it mounts, but
      Windows still doesn't display unicode correctly.

      I assume the system issues the mount command internally somehow. Is
      there a way to find out how it's formatted?

      However,

      > To do that automatically on bootup, Create a file /unslung/rc.local
      > with the contents:
      >
      > #!/bin/sh
      > umount /dev/sdc5
      > mount /dev/sdc5 /share/hdd/data/HDD_1_2_1 -o async,shortname=winnt
      > return 1
      >
      > (In normal linux, there is a simpler method involving /etc/fstab but
      > that doesn't work under Linksys/unslung.)

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic