7006Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Preserving ALLCAPS directory names on FAT partitions

  • John
    Jan 2 3:02 PM
      On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 08:49:29PM -0000, dnquark wrote:
      > The uppercase->lowercase problem was fixed by doing the following:
      > umount /dev/sdc5
      > mount /dev/sdc5 /share/hdd/data/HDD_1_2_1 -o async,shortname=winnt
      >
      > But how do I tell the slug to use shortname=winnt option whenever it
      > mounts the vfat disks on bootup or on disk reconnect?

      To do that automatically on bootup, Create a file /unslung/rc.local
      with the contents:

      #!/bin/sh
      umount /dev/sdc5
      mount /dev/sdc5 /share/hdd/data/HDD_1_2_1 -o async,shortname=winnt
      return 1

      (In normal linux, there is a simpler method involving /etc/fstab but
      that doesn't work under Linksys/unslung.)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic