6946Re: NSLU2 for music streaming to a Soundbridge

  • bloedmann999
    Dec 7, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Asking this on behalf of someone else
      >
      > They are wanting to stream music from a NAS device to a Pinnacle
      > Soundbridge, instead of having a full size server on
      >
      > I suggested the NSLU2 with unslung/similar and something like mt-daap
      >
      > The only problem is, will this handle/work with the DRM on napster
      > files?
      >
      > Anyone had any experience of this?
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Sam

      Hi,
      I am doing this with normal unprotected mp3 files using Twonkyvision
      or Firefly. As I have no DRM protected files I cannot tell you if that
      would work or not. Sorry.

      The soundbridge manual says the following:

      I. Music Server Software Requirements
      SoundBridge is designed to act as a remote client for several kinds of
      music libraries, including
      Windows Media Connect, Firefl y Media Server, Rhapsody, Musicmatch and
      TwonkyVision
      MusicServer. You can also play WMA and DRM WMA fi les purchased from
      popular online music
      stores such as Napster.™ (Apple's policy does not allow SoundBridge to
      support playback of
      protected AAC fi les purchased from the iTunes Music Store.)

      There is an official soundbridge support webpage from Pinnacle, also
      with a FAQ. Try looking there.

      Cheers Brian
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic