6925Re: [nslu2-general] sda1 on flash, not hdd - should I restart unslinging?

  • Roger Horne
    Nov 21, 2007
      On Wednesday 21 November 2007 22:41:53 Mike (mwester) wrote:

      > You've probably run afoul of the issues that unslung is known to have with
      > larger disks. We've never been able to determine the problem, or a good
      > workaround, probably because none of the development team have large USB
      > devices to test with. :(

      Those of us in Europe are doing rather well from the dollar's problems: 500gb
      for 70 UK pounds is quite cheap ... (Last year 70 UKP would have been 70
      dollars.)
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Essential-USB2-0-External/dp/B000EXZB0M/
      Amazon.co.uk is bundling a slug and one of them for about 125 UKP.

      I had problems getting it to run which I reported, and set out a cure for, in
      the nslu2-linux list on 20 Nov with the subject "telnetting to slug": it is
      working fine now.

      Roger
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic