6920sda1 on flash, not hdd - should I restart unslinging?

  • Ben Pollinger
    Nov 20, 2007
      Hello all,

      [I accidentally posted this to nslu2-linux rather than here - sorry
      for the cross post]

      I succesfully flashed my slug with unslung but ran into problems
      unslinging to a hard disk, a new Iomega Desktop 500GB

      I formatted the disk in the web interface, was reported as formatted
      as ext3. Removed it and rebooted, telnet in, changed password.
      Reconnected disk, unsling to disk and reports OK.

      Restart and the disk is seen as unformatted. unslung is running from
      flash, not disk. Tried reflashing, reformatting etc a few times, no
      joy, except the disk was recognised at full capacity so I think that's OK.

      df reports that /dev/sda1 is mounted as /share/flash/data rather than
      hdd and this seems to be the crux of it.

      I'd like to start again, i.e. reflash to Linksys firmware but it seems
      the reflash leaves some config info intact, e.g. password, device
      name, workgroup etc.

      - Should I reset sysconf > flash with Linksys and restart?
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ResetSysConf

      - or is there a less drastic solution?

      Thanks for your help,
      Ben