6699Re: HELP! Dead slug…

  • bty597733
    Sep 2, 2007
      > I'd suggest trying a different power supply.
      > Frank

      Interesting suggestion Frank. The slug is getting power just
      behaving erratic! Would the power supply have a bearing on it?

      After reading an entry in the linksys forum, I have now replaced the
      battery in the slug, to see if this solves the problem. Alas, no
      joy. While sometimes it does detect the disks, I can never access it
      via the web browser. Indeed, while the light for the device is lit
      on my router, I cannot see my slug as an attached devive :-(

      Looks like I'm off to buy a new slug...

      Jason.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "thorn_dc802" <fthornton@...>
      wrote:

      > I'd suggest trying a different power supply.
      > Frank
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bty597733" <j.wolves@>
      wrote:

      > > Interesting... After leaving it for the last hour I now have the
      > > Ready/Status light green as well as the Ethernet light. I can
      now
      > > access the standard web interface, but no disks have been
      detected.

      > > Any ideas any one?
      > >
      > > Many thanks in advance, Jason.
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bty597733" <j.wolves@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > After a week on holiday, I came back yesterday to find my slug
      > > > locked. No problem, a power off at the mains and a reboot
      restored
      > > > access. However, things were not right…
      > > >
      > > > My slug runs Unslug 5.5, twonky vision, 2 hard disks with
      nightly
      > > > backup (http://www.nslu2-
      > > > linux.org/wiki/HowTo/FixTheDriveBackupForUnslungFirmware), a
      web
      > > > site (simply put a new index.html page in the thttpd
      directory),
      > > and
      > > > CUPS printing ( the 2nd disk is connected to a usb 1.1 hub).
      I've
      > > > had issues with CUPS, where the slug lost slight of the 2nd
      disk
      > > > after processing a print job. So no printer was attached while
      > > was
      > > > on holiday, and no print job had been attempted since its last
      > > > reboot.
      > > >
      > > > So what was wrong… My slug stated that the back up had run
      every
      > > day
      > > > (at 2am) but on the day of my return from holiday, the backup
      had
      > > > started but never finished. This was probably the root cause
      of
      > > the
      > > > lock up; however, more worrying was that my web pages were not
      > > > accessible. I could browse my data using the web interface,
      but my
      > > > web site was no where to be found (I'd also altered some of
      the
      > > web
      > > > interface graphics which were showing as standard).
      > > >
      > > > I powered down the slug, to re-boot but now it will not come
      back
      > > > life! I briefly get the Ready/Status light show amber, then
      the
      > > > Ethernet light glows green and the slug just sits there. No
      > > attempt
      > > > to access a hard disk, or anything! I've tried booting with
      just
      > > one
      > > > hard disk plugged in, no hard disks plugged in and nothing
      seems
      > > > make a difference.
      > > >
      > > > My slug is dead and I desperately need help…
      > > >
      > > > Jason.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic