6658Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Speeding up my NSLU2 - without Linux knowhow

  • Michael
    Aug 13, 2007
      Just on testing the speed of your slug, I agree that it's slower than
      what I expected.

      I have been doing some speed testing on a new SAN and found
      http://www.iozone.org/

      iozone is pretty good, just run iozone.exe -a from your windows client
      and post the speeds your getting, if other people post the results, we
      can get some expected performance stats. at a minimum you can use it to
      adjust your samba buffers and prove the difference.

      I'm running open slug 2.7 I think and i'm looking at doing the debian
      migration, just need to back up my 750gb of crap to something, ensure
      twonky goes down nicely and I'll be doing it.

      Michael.

      --
      Michael
      diveboy@...