6616Which firmware to use?

  • Adam Cripps
    Jul 31, 2007
      I'm new to my linksys nslu2 and wish to upgrade the firmware to use it
      for http (mod_python included), samba, cups (print sharing), some
      bittorrent use, possibly squid, ssh access. I may even possibly try
      and run some media sharing, such as gnump3d(?).

      My question is, which firmware would be best for the above packages?
      My main desktop machine used to run Debian (before the wonderful
      Ubuntu came along) so I am used to .deb packaging and apt-get
      installations. However, does it have all the packages I need?

      I've read this page [1] but am still not sure which one to go for.
      Debian looks the obvious choice, but I don't know enough about SlugOS
      to make an informed decision.

      TIA
      Adma

      [1] http://www.slug-firmware.net/