6322Re: [nslu2-general] Re: jm20337 chipset incompatable w/ NSLU2?

  • Jeff Costantino
    Apr 27, 2007
      I just received the new enclosure today. It's an Azio ENC311SU31 and I
      bought it at Newegg upon recommendation by a reviewer that it worked
      with his slug. The chipset is a SATAlink SPIF215A. I had to scan the
      IO board and work the image with Photoshop to discern the markings as
      they are almost invisible to the naked eye!

      The Wiki should have a section of good and bad USB to PATA/SATA
      interfaces added. I may try to spearhead that this weekend if I get
      the chance.

      Jeff

      On 4/26/07, tbering2002 <spam@...> wrote:

      > > I have two enclosures that do not work with my slug. One I know for
      > sure is a JM20337 SATA chipset that also has an PATA header in it.
      >
      > JMicron chipsets are also used on PC motherboards. It appears some
      > motherboard vendors are using USB to SATA/PATA adapters to expand the
      > hard drive I/O available on the motherboard. This is causing some
      > complaints both for compatibility and for performance reasons. The
      > following post may help:
      >
      > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.17/+bug/57502
      >
      > It is possible that your problems may be related. Perhaps other board
      > members can cast additional light on the issues.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic