6279Re: Is my slug or memory stick broken?

  • rolandkbs
    Mar 29, 2007
      After about a year of operation, my memory stick gave up. I was still
      able to to fsck it under Linux and to use it under Windows, but the
      Slug refused to work with it. I then replaced it by a Maxtor OneTouch,
      which is still working.
      So I would guess your problem is the memory stick.

      Roland

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "kindakinkyclub" <chris@...> wrote:

      > I have unslung my NSLU2 to a memory stick and have been running for
      > about a year using it as an FTP server and EPG uploader to my PVR.
      >
      > It stopped working this morning and the slug refuses to see the memory
      > stick and the activity light on the stick does not flash when plugged
      > in. i have tried disk1 and disk2 and rebooting but no luck.
      >
      > If I plug the stick in my PC it loads it as a disk drive and the lights
      > start flashing.
      >
      > Is it time to put the slug in the bin? Or is there anything I should
      > try first?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic