6095newbie with a few questions, thanks in advance
- Feb 28, 2007Newbie here considering purchasing the NSLU2 and creating a media server.
I would like it to be able to do a few other things too. I know some
of this is possible, but is it easy for a linux newbie to do?
1) Serve Audio/Video to Windows Vista, Xbox Media Center and an Xbox
360? I'm not sure of the 360.
2) Download/upload torrents. Enhanced Ctorrent with some script to
automatically start/end torrents on a share? This part confuses me a
lot. Basically I want to be able to from Windows send it a torrent
file, and it automatically start up. If anyone has used the webui for
Azureus (or utorrent? i never tried that one), then you know how you
can just go to http://whateverip and adjust all the settings via a
webinterface. Is that at all possible with any torrent program that is
3) I read real quick that multiple disks may cause problems? I wanted
to have 2 disks (hopeing for 1x200GB and 1x300GB -since I already
have those drives, just need to get USB enclosures)
4) Are partions possible? Not horrible thing if they're not, I can
always just make \Music \Video subfolders.
5) Can I load these drives on my PC in Windows Vista before connecting
to NSLU2? Or do I have to format on the NSLU2 then copy everything
over via network?
- Next post in topic >>