5956Re: [nslu2-general] Re: how to make NSLU2 work on WLAN?
- Feb 12, 2007On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 09:34 -0800, lian jian wrote:
> Thanks. I use the dd in coreutils,Probably this is the problem!
> output <268MB> copied, 341.882s, 785kb/s
> I don't know why it is that slow
1) What kind of filesystem do you use
2) Is this filesystem mounted "async"
- Using the sync option gives very bad performance
3) Is the disk directly connected to the slug and correctly
setup as high speed device.
- A usb 1 hub could cause this kind of speed.
4) Does the disk contains errors.
- Repeated reads/writes on error could also cause
serious performance losse.
Check what the output of the commands "mount" and "dmesg".
>This is probably if you connect the cable direct to the slug.
> Netio result:
> NETIO - Network Throughput Benchmark, Version 1.23
> (C) 1997-2003 Kai Uwe Rommel
> TCP connection established.
> Packet size 1k bytes: 11557 KByte/s Tx, 11524 KByte/s Rx.
I don't think that a wireless 54 Mbit connection has this
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>