5956Re: [nslu2-general] Re: how to make NSLU2 work on WLAN?

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Feb 12, 2007
      On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 09:34 -0800, lian jian wrote:
      > Thanks. I use the dd in coreutils,
      > output <268MB> copied, 341.882s, 785kb/s
      > I don't know why it is that slow

      Probably this is the problem!

      1) What kind of filesystem do you use
      2) Is this filesystem mounted "async"
      - Using the sync option gives very bad performance
      3) Is the disk directly connected to the slug and correctly
      setup as high speed device.
      - A usb 1 hub could cause this kind of speed.
      4) Does the disk contains errors.
      - Repeated reads/writes on error could also cause
      serious performance losse.

      Check what the output of the commands "mount" and "dmesg".

      > Netio result:
      >
      > NETIO - Network Throughput Benchmark, Version 1.23
      > (C) 1997-2003 Kai Uwe Rommel
      >
      > TCP connection established.
      > Packet size 1k bytes: 11557 KByte/s Tx, 11524 KByte/s Rx.

      This is probably if you connect the cable direct to the slug.
      I don't think that a wireless 54 Mbit connection has this
      throughput.

      --
      marceln
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic