5922Re: network media player recommendation?

  • Ramiro Barreiro
    Jan 31, 2007
      I had a D-Link DSM-320RD and sold it. It could be a good piece of
      hardware, but firmware is crappy (not to mention the remote, you need
      a microscope to see the buttons).
      Now I'm using a soft-modded xbox with great success, XBMC is just what
      I need.
      You don't need Twonky, there are good open source alternatives:
      ushare is a light weight upnp media server and mediatomb is a full
      featured one.
      Anyway, a few media players (like my xbox :-) ) do not need an upnp
      server, they can browse a samba shared folder.

      Ramiro
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic