5859Re: network media player recommendation?

  • janne5011
    Jan 20, 2007
      thanks..I couldnt find the English docmentation can you recall where
      you find it?
      btw I have a d-link 520 and it works well with for example twonky but
      as said twonky no good.
      The problem is not the player here its finding working server-soft.
      /J

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "carnmoneybogger" <stephen@...>
      wrote:

      > I installed Twonky and managed to get it to work without too much
      > difficulty - streaming to a Pinnacle Show Center 200. I changed to
      > Oxyl Box, however (available at http://www.oxyl.de/) after reading
      > some good reviews and have been very impressed.
      >
      > Oxyl is free and visually stunning. Documentation is in German
      though
      > I seem to recall seeing an English translation somewhere. Again,
      Oxyl
      > was easy to set up because it is basically a set of PHP scripts.
      >
      > I have a 250GB WD MyBook with rips of my DVDs and an 80GB Maxtor
      with
      > all my photos and MP3s. The Show Center streams wirelessly from the
      > slug (the slug is attached to a LinkSys WRT54G router) and it all
      > works very well. My 5 year old is comfortable using the Show
      > Center/Oxyl combination.
      >
      > CB
      >

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Om interested in this topic!Do you have a link to "wizd media
      > > server"?
      > > Twonky dont works for me and many others becuse update function
      > dont
      > > works amongst other isssues so its useless=(.
      > > thanks janne
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Tom Curran <narrucmot@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Follow-on topic...
      > > >
      > > > As an alternative to Twonky, has anyone installed the wizd
      media
      > > server
      > > > on their slug? How does it compare to Twonky (ie resource
      usage,
      > > ease
      > > > of configuration & install, etc.)?
      > > >
      > > > --Tom