5852Re: [nslu2-general] network media player recommendation?

  • Tom Curran
    Jan 19, 2007
      Follow-on topic...

      As an alternative to Twonky, has anyone installed the wizd media server
      on their slug? How does it compare to Twonky (ie resource usage, ease
      of configuration & install, etc.)?

      --Tom

      Tom Curran wrote:

      > I plan to install TwonkyMedia server on my Debian Slug and want to
      > know what network media players work best with that setup to stream
      > ripped DVD, AVI, and DivX video to my TV? Does anyone have any
      > recommendations? Cautions? Advice? I have been looking at the
      > D-Link DSM-520, but it gets some pretty sketchy mixed reviews. I was
      > hoping to get some better advice & reviews from the Slug/Twonky
      > experts in this group. Thanks!
      >
      > --Tom

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic