5394Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Possible to install backuppc on nslu2?

  • Peter Chant
    Nov 2, 2006
      On Thursday 02 November 2006 03:09, Sean Carolan wrote:

      > Pete, you seem to have some experience with this - does the nslu2
      > handle NFS well? I'm thinking I might just export my backup directory
      > via NFS, that way the overhead on the nslu2 should be less. . .

      I was the original author of:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BackupYourLinuxBox

      which basically gave my experience of trying a simple back up. I've not
      really tried and large packages, I was trying to keep it simple. I don't
      think I tried rsync and nfs together, rather I set up an rsync server. There
      was problems with nfs and tar due to the 2G limit (which may be gone) but I
      suspect that is less or no issue with rsync + nfs. I did not try rsync +
      nfs. I suspect you would need to slit the backup into several chunks to
      avoid rsync running out or memory.

      Pete
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic