5388Re: [nslu2-general] Isn't ext3 filesystem bad for flash

  • Laurent Gilson
    Nov 1, 2006
      Hello,

      > Thanks, but I'm not sure if you're answering my question or commenting
      > on the previous reply about jffs2 formatting. I currently have my NSLU2
      > unslung with version 6.8 to a flashdrive (SD card in a USB reader
      > connected to port 2).

      unslung via "turnup memstick" or aht normal HD-way ?

      > Is my safe for reliable usewith the NSLU2, or should I should I expect
      > to have some troubles in the future because I'm using a flashdrive for
      > unslung?

      flashsticks should last for 5-10 years if used with the memstick-option.
      They fail after 1-2 years if treated as HD.

      cu
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic