5387Re: [nslu2-general] Possible to install backuppc on nslu2?

  • Rod Whitby
    Oct 31, 2006
      Sean Carolan wrote:
      > Hi folks - I'm a newbie and planning to purchase an nslu2 unit soon
      > for my local network storage needs. I have used BackupPC in the past
      > and really like it's features. Has anyone successfully installed
      > backuppc on their slug? If so, were there any problems you ran into?
      > How does it perform?

      I use BackupPC at work, and was thinking about adding an Optware package
      for it so I could use it on my FSG-3. Such an optware package would
      probably work unmodified on the NSLU2 as well.

      If you install perl and apache, you should just be able to try it out
      (it's all just Perl scripts as far as I remember). If it works, then we
      can look at packaging it.

      -- Rod
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic