536Re: Problem with backup from disk1 to disk2

  • claudius2k
    Dec 30, 2004
      When is Linksys going to change their webage anyway? Here is what
      it says:
      http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=640&scid=43

      "You can connect up to two stand-alone USB disk drives of any size,
      and access them from anywhere on your network."

      Yes, you can access them. What they didn't say is not everything
      will work over 250G (like the scheduled backup). I was suckered by
      thei webpage into buying 300G drives which can't be backed up with
      the native NSLU2. No mention anywere on the page of a 250G
      limitation. I wouldn't want someone else to make the same expensive
      mistake and be disappointed. Tech support suggested trying to
      return the drives (too late).

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "claudius2k" <claudius2k@y...>

      <mhiernaux@g...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi everybody,
      > >
      > > I've got a strange problem with this feature...
      > >
      > > Here's the log :
      > >
      > > 11/20 12:44:36 Drive Backup: Backup complete.
      > > 11/20 12:44:29 Drive Backup: Backup start.
      > > 11/20 12:36:09 Drive Backup: Backup complete.
      > > 11/20 12:35:55 Drive Backup: Backup start.
      > > 11/20 03:11:56 Drive Backup: Backup complete.
      > > 11/20 03:11:49 Drive Backup: Backup start.
      > >
      > > As you can see the backup has no errors but it backups nothing
      in
      > 10
      > > seconds...
      > >
      > > The two drives are working properly and they have the same size.
      > >
      > > Anyone an idea ?
      > >
      > > Thanks
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic