5260Re: [nslu2-general] Cron appends junk to my wget downloads!

  • Thaths
    Oct 10, 2006
      On 10/10/06, Airw0lf <aerwulfe@...> wrote:
      > My wget_script is as follows:
      >
      > cd /public
      > /opt/bin/wget -c -i /public/download.txt
      >
      > download.txt merely contains a list of URLs for wget to download.
      >
      > Now when I check the files downloaded by crontab, I always find junk
      > appended to the ends of the files! Here is an example of the bytes appended
      > to the end of one file:
      >
      > 31 30 30 25 20 20 20 37 36 2E 30 32 20 4B 42 2F 73 0A 0A
      >
      > Using a hex editor, I can identify this as "100% 76.02 KB/s..". So it
      > seems that output from the shell is being put inside my downloads!

      Maybe redirecting the stdout of the cron script might help:

      cd /public
      /opt/bin/wget -c -i /public/downliad.txt > /dev/null 2>&1

      Thaths
      --
      Homer: He has all the money in the world, but there's one thing he can't buy.
      Marge: What's that?