5131Re: [nslu2-general] DebianSlug: SquirrelMail/Privoxy veeery slooooow?

  • U-YAKPRIME\vputz
    Sep 11, 2006
      On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 05:39:30PM +0200, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
      > type "free" at a ssh/telnet console.
      > It seems, that the box is heavily in swap.

      Yes; I've been playing with vmstat and it's swapping like MAD.

      Understandable, of course; I'm loading the poor thing quite a bit. I may have
      to get a second one and offload some onto it, since increasing ram is a bit
      dicey for me.

      > Shurely not.
      > You can compare it with a pentium ~160 with 24mb ram, thats true.
      > In this box not the cpu is the limitation but ram.

      So I'm noticing. Not sure what to do with it yet, though. Pity there's no
      cheap way to add those extra sticks of old memory to the thing... (heh)