498Re: drivertodrivercp modified but not running from crontab

  • peecock41
    Dec 16, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <unslung@g...> wrote:
      > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:01:05 -0000, peecock41 <peecock41@y...> wrote:
      > > So the environment should be allright. And I use the full path to
      > > rsync, I even tried the option --no-detach but that didn't make a
      > > difference.
      >
      > Maybe you could use the strace command (there's an ipk for it) and
      > redirect the output to a log file. Then you can see what's happening
      > when crontab runs it.
      >
      > -- Rod

      I got it working!

      The relevant entry in /etc/crontab is

      40 19 * * * root /usr/sbin/drivertodrivercp &>/dev/null

      (as created by the webinterface). However if I remove the &>/dev/null
      part it works fine!

      Unfortunately, the webinterface always put the &>/dev/null behind it,
      so whenever I change the backuptime I have to something else I have to
      edit the /etc/crontab by hand.

      The trick is to send the output of rsync in the drivertodrivercp
      script to /dev/null explicitly (i.e. &>/dev/null at the end of the
      command).

      Albert
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic