496Re: drivertodrivercp modified but not running from crontab

  • peecock41
    Dec 15, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <unslung@g...> wrote:
      > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:35:49 -0000, peecock41 <peecock41@y...> wrote:
      > > If I run this drivertodrivercp by hand it works fine, if I let it run
      > > through /etc/crontab it exits without doing anything.
      > >
      > > Why doesn't it want to run properly through the crontab?
      >
      > Normally, the reason for things failing in crontab when they work on
      > command line is due to the very minimal environment variables that
      > crontab sets up (i.e. not even HOME is usually available).
      >
      > But I can't see how that would affect rsync ....
      >
      > -- Rod

      Actually, the first four lines of /etc/crontab read:

      SHELL=/bin/sh
      PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
      MAILTO=""
      HOME=/

      So the environment should be allright. And I use the full path to
      rsync, I even tried the option --no-detach but that didn't make a
      difference.

      Albert
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic