459Who's got TwonkyVision+NSLU2+Media Player working...

  • mshilly
    Nov 29, 2004
      Is there anyone out there using the NSLU2 with the TwonkyVision
      Server to serve up media to a remote hardware media player?

      What player do you have?
      Wired or wireless network?
      Are you serving more than just MP3s? Video?

      I ask because I posted last week about my success with the
      Audio/Video performance of the NSLU2 providing 3 PCs (running windows
      and either WinDVD4 or PowerDVD and Windows Media Player) each with
      full DVD quality audio/video file and MP3 file playing
      simultaneously. I want to now have the NSLU2 serve up the same type
      of media to my entertainment center.

      I need to know what hardware media player will work best with the
      TwonkyVision server and which actually works at all while playing
      streamed video (.vob, .mv2, .mpg, etc.)

      From all the FUD on the web it looks like none of the media servers
      is perfect.

      I have already visited the TwonkyVision site and it is real hard to
      tell if anyone is having any success at all, especially with video.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic