4578Re: wireless music system involving NSLU2

  • swavmcav
    Jun 2, 2006
      Just a suggestion.

      What about Netgear MP101 (Approx £65 or cheaper if used from ebay)
      attached to hi-fi with your MP3 files streamed from unslung NSLU2
      running a media server program (I think Twonky may do the trick
      although you probably need to investigate that).

      The slug is great as a media server. Just leave it on all the time. It
      is silent and it consumes very little power compared to PC. I use it
      to serve movies, mucis and pictures to a Kiss DVD player.

      With 2 HDD's attached you can also make sure you always have a copy of
      your music collection by backing up one disk to the other every night.

      Hope that helps.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "lane10uk" <richard@...> wrote:

      > Hopefully not too far off topic... I want to use either my slug as a
      > media server, or just use a pc to set up play lists and serve music to
      > my network via MSNMusic. That bit is fine, but I'm having trouble
      > sourcing a bit of kit that acts as a wireless receiver to my hi-fi amp.
      >
      > At the moment, I have to cable it mini-jack to a pair of phonos. I
      > don't need lots of features like Sonos and Roku systems, just a cheap
      > item that plugs into the phono sockets and receives a wireless signal.
      >
      > Does anyone know of such an item, esp. in the UK? How else are you
      > folk setting up your music systems?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Richard

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic