4381Re: How to do incremental back up from disk 1 to disk 2 on the same NSLU2

  • h8dc
    May 7, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, manza7 <manza7@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for all your help, much appreciated, now I am pretty
      confident the
      > backup (full/synchronized) are working between disk 1 and disk 2.

      Quite welcome!

      > I have another question, since both these drives are EXT3FS, if
      down the
      > road, the NSLU2 stopped working, can I plug one of these drives
      into a Linux
      > box USB port, setup SAMBA shares and continue to work? Or actually
      > the drive and install into a Linux box? I am simply thinking ahead
      to the
      > disaster recovery, short of running out to buy another NSLU2.

      I am unsure of that since I have never done so. My guess is that you
      could do it. The only concern I can think of is the partitioning of
      the drive. The NSLU2 probably put a /data, /conf and swap partition
      on the drive. If that's not a barrier moving it to another machine,
      should be okay.

      I'll defer that to a knowlegeable person. :-)
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic