4369Re: How to do incremental back up from disk 1 to disk 2 on the same NSLU2

  • h8dc
    May 6, 2006
      I think that's an intended feature, not a "problem". :-)

      My guess is Disk2 is deliberately hidden because the intent is you
      want to use it as a mirror of Disk1 and won't be using it for
      anything else. On the webpage where you enable the backup, it warns
      when the job is run "All existing data on Disk 2 will be
      destroyed!". If you put other data, shares, etc. on Disk2, they
      would be erased the next time the job is run. It's for DRIVE
      backups, not SHARE backups. Hence, they hide Disk2 to prevent you
      from using it for anything else.

      When I want to check Disk2, I just disable the drive-to-drive backup
      on the webpage. Then re-enable it when I'm done. [Can't remember if
      I have to restart the NSLU or not - has been quite a while!]

      Hope that helps,
      h8dc

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, manza7 <manza7@...> wrote:

      > One question:
      > I cannot see my second drive in the admin/advanced/share unless I
      load an
      > old saved config (which does not have daily backup setup) but has
      the disk 2
      > in it. I load it, check drive 2 backup, but as soon as I setup the
      daily
      > disk to disk backup and click save in the backup menu, disk 2
      cannot be
      > accessed anymore. Do you have the same problem? I am using the
      Linksys
      > firmware V2.3R63.
      >
      > How do I access the disk 2 or make it show up under share? When
      you said you
      > check you disk 2 from time to time, how do you do it?
      >
      > Thanks
      >

      > --
      incremental-back-up-from-disk-1-to-disk-2-on-the-same-NSLU2-
      t1533441.html#a4263499
      > Sent from the Nslu2 - General forum at Nabble.com.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic