4367Re: [nslu2-general] How to do incremental back up from disk 1 to disk 2 on the same NSLU2

  • manza7
    May 6, 2006
      Hi h8dc,

      Thanks very much for the disk to disk copy explanation, I re-connected my
      second drive back to port 2, formatted it to EXT3FS and setup a disk to disk
      backup daily at 1am, immediately after setting it up, I did a "start backup
      now" as you suggested, NLSU2 did the fullbackup in 6 hours, after that,
      daily at 1am, it does "synchronized" back up as you stated, only takes 10
      min or so according to the log.

      One question:
      I cannot see my second drive in the admin/advanced/share unless I load an
      old saved config (which does not have daily backup setup) but has the disk 2
      in it. I load it, check drive 2 backup, but as soon as I setup the daily
      disk to disk backup and click save in the backup menu, disk 2 cannot be
      accessed anymore. Do you have the same problem? I am using the Linksys
      firmware V2.3R63.

      How do I access the disk 2 or make it show up under share? When you said you
      check you disk 2 from time to time, how do you do it?

      Thanks

      Sent from the Nslu2 - General forum at Nabble.com.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic