3934Re: [nslu2-general] Lighttpd Web Server

  • Robert Hammond
    Feb 28, 2006
      In message <du1h11+ofl6@...>, ctcrayton <ctcrayton@...>
      >Was wondering if anyone has got the lighttpd webserver setup on their
      >unslung NSLU2 with PHP 5 support. I downloaded the tar file and
      >extracted, but have no idea what to do next. Was hoping someone could
      >give us a few pointers on compiling and setup.
      Currently there are a number of optware PHP packages spawning from the
      base PHP executable that can be installed using ipkg but so far no
      package developer has put up either PHP-CGI or PHP-FCGI as an optware
      package, the later is needed for lighttpd and either can be used for the
      Cherokee web server.

      There is a version of PHP-FCGI version 5.05 available for the NLSU2 at
      the following URL. It does work quite well with Cherokee but it has
      some problems where some of the compiled in path to various config files
      and modules are incorrect.

      To use this file place it into /opt/lib/cgi-bin. I suggest that you
      should rename the extracted down loaded file from php to php5-fcgi.
      Chmod the file 775. The PHP web site now recommends creating the
      following sim link and using this as the entry call point.
      cd /opt/share/www/cgi-bin
      ln /opt/lib/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi php5-fcgi
      You may also have to chmod this sim link 775

      What is needed here is for one of the package developers to take on the
      task of compiling both of these versions with matching config to the
      standard optware PHP program so that these versions can use the correct
      config files and modules etc. It would also be of great benefit if they
      could compile in support for the gettext optware package.

      Robert Hammond
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic