380Re: Bytecc ME-740U2 External 3.5" Drive Enclosure Successful

  • Lee Levitt
    Oct 31, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <marksu98@y...> wrote:

      > I wanted to share some more good news for those looking for a
      > compatible drive enclosure. I hope this helps some of you out
      there.

      > I have a Western Digital 250GB (model: WD2500JBRTL) in the Bytecc
      > ME-740U2 USB2.0 drive enclosure. It's been very reliably with the
      > NSLU2 so far. I've written over 100GB of data to it through the
      > NSLU2, simultaneously written to it while reading (no lock ups),
      and
      > the drive is recognized after restarting the NSLU2 (no issue with
      > drive not installed message).

      I'm using the same enclosures with Maxtor 200GB drives. System
      worked fine for about 30 days, then it's gone into this intermittent
      read only mode where I can read the drive but not write to it.

      If I power cycle, this sometimes clears the problem.

      However, and here's the weird thing, I had the *same* problem with a
      Bytecc enclosure attached to a Windows XP box. All of a sudden the
      drive went read only.

      Weird.

      Anybody else run into this?

      Lee