3794RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Can't Get Bluetooth Network Access Point to work with iPAQ 1945

  • Gregg C Levine
    Feb 6, 2006
      Hello from Gregg C Levine
      (Standard disclaimer: My NSLU2 is still on order. And my Bluetooth
      dongle is also on order. As is the PDA. All from the same shop.)

      Doug, I confess I haven't been following the discussions closely.
      However one question sticks into my mind, who does make your unit?
      Theoretically all units available as of 2002 Summer should be wearing
      Pocket PC 2003. Again there are some things to consider, one is that
      the region where Roland for example bought his, may have released
      specific features.

      I should also add that it is possible to create your own image of
      Pocket PC 2003 from resources from those characters that are freely
      available.

      However, regarding that subject I am willing to discuss it with you
      off list as I do not want to clog the list with issues that aren't
      NSLU2 relevant.

      Also you might want to try different company Bluetooth adapters. I
      just examined the website for the D-Link adapter that I've seen for
      sale in CompUSA for example, and they do not mention that alternate
      protocol. I suspect I'd need to peruse their data sheets. But then
      again their (CompUSA) adapters don't as well mention that fact as
      well.
      ---
      Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@...
      ---
      "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi