3749Run script when memstick inserted?

  • shipbrook
    Feb 3, 2006
      Hi all,

      Is there a way to have Unslung automatically run a script whenever a
      memstick is inserted into an attached USB reader?

      I'm trying to cobble together an automated means of moving image files
      off my digital camera's memory stick onto the NSLU2's hard drive.
      I've got a script that'll do everything I need (mount the stick,
      create a subdirectory on the hard drive with the current date, move
      the files off and unmount the stick, signalling progress and
      completion via Set_Led -- but I'm not sure how to automatically
      trigger it when the stick's inserted.

      If worse comes to worst, I could always do it via a cron job which
      checks for the presence of the memstick, but I was hoping to find a
      slightly more elegant solution (like having autofs call the script
      when the stick is put in, but autofs doesn't seem to be available for
      Unslung).

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Jeff Lee