3200Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Change MAC address of NLSU2

  • Jelle Berentsen
    Dec 1, 2005
      You already gave the answer I wanted to give to your question. I want to replace my existing server with the SLUG, but to get internet access I need to change the MAC address.

      fransmeulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks@...> wrote: --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "m4cloud" <m4cloud@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Is it possible to change the MAC address of the NSLU2? I'm using
      > Unslung v5.5 on my NSLU2.

      Why on earth would you want this?
      MAC addresses are unique by nature.
      If you have a reason to do this, I'd really love to know, as I have
      never ever encountered a reason to change a MAC address on an NSLU2.

      (actually the only reason I know is if you have an ISP that will only
      serve a dedicated MAC address).

      FM

      Computer internet security Firmware development Computer internet business Computer internet access Computer internet privacy securities Computer internet help