3054Re: 1-wire Oww - Problems with using the DS9490R USB to 1-wire dongle

  • Dave Coutts
    Nov 13, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Coutts" <mr_coutts@y...>
      wrote:
      Hi Oystein

      I have managed get past the 'COM' and 'acquire resource' by installing
      liblockfile with ipkg.
      I gather that owwnogui will require the file locking libary unless it
      has been compiled with the '--disable-seriallock' option.
      liblockfile doesn't seem to be in the ipkg package list for uNSLUng.
      Im not sure if you are having the same problem.

      Unfortuneately Im still not able to get owwnogui working with openslug
      2.7.

      The log at the bottom of this post shows the messages Im getting when
      I set the debug to 'messagelevel 4' in the setupNG file.
      The messages suggest the weather station isn't working.
      However I have been able to use it with oww on a ubuntu 5.10 desktop
      pc and with WServer and OneWireViewer on a XP Pro desktop pc.

      The hardware I have is the Dallas(AAG) 1-Wire Wind Instrument V3.0.
      and the DS9490.
      The HW is new. Its still sitting on the bench waiting to be put out in
      the cold.

      As part of my investigation I natively complied
      digitemp(http://www.digitemp.com) on the slug to see if it would
      communicate with the 1-WWI.
      I walked the 1-W device tree with digitemp and found a difference in
      the number of devices discovered by my ubuntu desktop and my openslug
      slug.
      The digitemp Im using on the ubuntu desktop is installed from the deb
      package collection.

      root@openslug:~# digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
      Found DS2490 device #1 at 003/002
      2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
      105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
      812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code

      dave@ubuntu:~$ sudo digitemp_DS2490 -w -q
      Found DS2490 device #1 at 001/007
      2060C80000000030 : DS2450 Quad A/D Converter
      105C2A14000800AD : DS1820/DS18S20/DS1920 Temperature Sensor
      812ACC24000000AE : Unknown Family Code
      1DA25D0100000007 : DS2423 4Kbit RAM + Counter

      With digitemp, the desktop pc discovers the DS2423(Anemometer) and the
      slug doesn't.
      The missing Anemometer is also mentioned in the owwnogui logs below.

      This difference in discovered device makes we wonder if the problem
      with owwnogui is slug 'speed','usb hw','power' or 'timing' related ?

      Im interested to hear from anybody that has owwnogui working on
      openslug or can suggest where my problem with owwnogui might be.

      Dave
      --- owwnogui debug messages level 4 ---
      root@odev:~# /usr/local/bin/owwnogui -i
      setup_oww_un_name: /tmp/oww_trx_un
      Setup read from: /usr/local/share/setupNG
      Devices read from: /usr/local/share/devices
      applctn_startup_finished. Debug to "/home/root/oww_debug_log.txt"
      Interactive? Yes
      bound Unix socket
      bound Unix socket
      owAcquireEx: com = USB
      devices_portnum_var = 0x600
      owAcquireEx OK
      DoAtoDConversion failed
      Checking weather station: "Anemometer" not found
      FindWeatherStation returned 1
      1-wire Error: Level of the 1-Wire was not changed
      Thermometer 1: access failed [1st go]
      Thermometer 1: access failed [2nd go]
      Thermometer 1: access still failing - Reinitializing serial port
      owAcquireEx: com = USB
      1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
      1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
      1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
      1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
      1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
      1-wire Error: 1-Wire is shorted
      1-wire Error: Block Transfer failed
      1-wire Error: Failed to initialize system resource
      1-wire Error: Error communicating with 1-Wire adapter
      Failed to access Thermometer 1
      Error reading from weather station: weather_read_ws failed
      1-wire Error: No Devices found on 1-Wire Network
      1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
      1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
      1-wire Error: Read COM Failed
      Problem with link or weather station