3017Re: Latest firmware upgrade - unusable performance

  • irfan29200
    Nov 8, 2005
      If I MAP the NSLU2 share as a network drive on my PC, the browsing is
      perfectly fine, the speed is good. But if I access it in network
      neighbourhood, the browsing is unusably slow. The speed is still fine.
      THe PING is fine in both cases.

      Any comments.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "leitart" <leitart@y...> wrote:

      > I just spoke to linksys and managed to resolve the problem with slow
      > performance after the upgrade. Apparently you need to do a reset of
      > the NSLU2 by holding down the reset button at the back of the unit
      > for around 15 sec or so (use a ball point pen) until you hear a
      > beep. Then shut down and restart.
      > My unit is working fine now and disk performance is back to normal!
      >

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Bart" <bart_unlimited@h...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I have had the same experience. Unslung 5.5 is MUCH faster than
      > Linksys 2.3R63.
      > >
      > > Cheers, Bart

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic