2976Re: Latest firmware upgrade - unusable performance

  • leitart
    Nov 3 4:59 AM
      Hmmm, you seem to be having the same issue that I originally had -
      very slow browsing of the shares. This is with the latest LinkSys R6
      firmware right?
      This might be obvious, but are you sure that you actually did the
      reset properly? i.e did you hear a single beep when you pushed in
      the reset button. Note that you must press the reset button after
      the unit is has booted up. The first time I tried the ball point pen
      I used didn't really reach inside enough to trigger the reset. Also
      you have to hold it down about 10 seconds at least to hear the beep.

      If you still have trouble after this try getting in touch with
      linksys support. They might be able to help.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "irfan29200" <irfan@u...>
      > I tried this but the problem stays the same.
      > FYI, the unit responds to the "ping" immediately. The long delay
      is in
      > browsing the shares. Once the file transfer is started, the speed
      is fine.
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "leitart" <leitart@y...>
      > >
      > > I just spoke to linksys and managed to resolve the problem with
      > > performance after the upgrade. Apparently you need to do a reset
      > > the NSLU2 by holding down the reset button at the back of the
      > > for around 15 sec or so (use a ball point pen) until you hear a
      > > beep. Then shut down and restart.
      > > My unit is working fine now and disk performance is back to
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic