265Re: server not accessible

  • schja01
    Oct 8, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "med_texas" <doug@t...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "schja01" <schja01@y...>
      wrote:

      > > Did you change IP addresses in the move?
      > > I'll assume yes.
      > > Perhaps you have a DNS Server, WINS or Host file that needs
      > updating?
      >
      > The computers changed IP addresses initially, but I reconfigured
      mine
      > to the same static IP address as before. The NSLU2 unit stayed
      the
      > same (192.168.1.12). I am using a Linksys router. All computers
      are
      > XP Pro. How would I go about updating any of those files?

      Edit or create a file named:

      C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

      There may be a sample in the ...\etc directory named hosts.sam to
      use as an example.
      Add a single line to the end:

      192.168.1.12 yournslu2servername

      of course replace the "yournslu2servername" as appropriate.
      You can use Notepad to edit the file it's plain text.
      See if that works.