1662Re: vsftpd

  • caplink811
    Jul 6, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "rndilger" <rdilger2@u...>

      > diagnostic ability in linux. I have to assume that someone perusing
      > this forum has successfully configured vsftpd on a slug. Therefore,

      Sure, that's simple ;-)

      1. Uninstall vsftpd -> ipkg remove vsftpd
      2. update the package list -> ipkg update
      3. Install InetUtils -> ipkg install inetutils
      - This install an other inetd which is placed in /opt/libexec.
      - Create the file /opt/etc/inetd.conf, and fill it with

      [root@linus root]$ cat /opt/etc/inetd.conf
      telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd
      ftp stream tcp nowait root /opt/sbin/vsftpd vsftpd
      /opt/etc/vsftpd.conf

      (The third line is the remain part of the second line, so put line 2+3
      in one line)

      - Run /opt/etc/init.d/S52inetd, this command kills the linksys inetd
      and start the new inetd in /opt/libexec. All files in /opt/etc/init.d
      which start with the letter S, are executed at each startup of the
      nslu.
      - Now it's a good time to try telnet with the new inetd, this should
      work. If the telnet access works, then you can try to ftp in.
      - If things went wrong, then you should check, whether the right inetd
      is running

      [root@linus conf]$ ps -ef
      13626 root 1520 S /opt/libexec/inetd /opt/etc/inetd.conf

      Should give you an output like above (1st and 3rd column can differs).

      After this, there's no need for a diversion script
      ([/unslung/|/share/hdd/conf/unslung/]rc.xinetd) which modifies the
      /etc/inetd.conf, cause this file is no more in use.

      bye
      JrB

      PS: feel free to join #nslu2-general at irc.freenode.net
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic