1656Re: [nslu2-general] Re: vsftpd

  • Robert Hammond
    Jul 5, 2005
      In message <daeqhp+rplk@...>, AdamB <slug@...>
      writes
      >--- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald L. Clark"
      ><gerald_clark@m...> wrote:
      >

      >> Busybox provides netstat.
      >>

      >The busybox package can conflict with other packages if you are
      >installing a lot of packages. I packaged net-tools for the slug to get
      >round that problem. With the net-tools version of netstat then
      >
      >netstat -atp
      >
      >will tell you which program is listening on which TCP socket. It needs
      >to run as root to get the program names.

      I must have missed the introduction of this package, your command line
      above produces an informative output.

      Interestingly I can reproducibly generate a small display bug with this
      program.

      Using the command netstat -N gives the following output : -
      (gives the incorrect local address for the netbios-ssn connection).

      # netstat -N
      Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
      Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address
      State
      tcp 0 52 192.168.1.77:ssh 192.168.1.50:3180
      ESTABLISHED
      tcp 0 0 192.168.1.7:netbios-ssn 192.168.1.50:1031
      ESTABLISHED
      Active UNIX domain sockets (w/o servers)
      Proto RefCnt Flags Type State I-Node Path
      unix 2 [ ] DGRAM 26 /var/tmp/log

      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA