1426Re: Help wanted: A step-by-step Unslung 4.20 installation guide with exact commands and lots of screenshots

  • zeke_the_bandit
    Jun 11, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Perry Donham <pdonham@c...>
      wrote:

      > I'd also recommend buying a book on basic Linux such as O'Reilly's
      > "Linux In a Nutshell."

      Evenin' all;

      I haven't even taken possession of my NSLU2 yet, I joined this group
      to start getting my head round it; and Perry makes a good point. So
      off to Abebooks to see if I can get one cheap, and while checking
      O'Reilly's website I see there's a new edition out in August.

      I've bought a few books off O'Reilly, and they've always been so
      good I've never felt the need to "upgrade"; can anyone advise if it's
      worth waiting, or will the 2003, or even 2000, version of "Linux in
      a Nutshell" be more than adequate?

      If it makes any difference, I'm not a computer person, but I've had
      to install and maintain a Unix system for my work, and it didn't
      kill me!

      Tim
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic