132Re: [nslu2-general] Re: slow transfers?

  • Mark Pytlik
    Sep 10, 2004
      Is a switch the same as a router? Does anyone know if I can change the link
      speed of an individual port on a D-Link 614+ router?

      on 9/10/2004 11:07 AM, jtabar at jtabar@... wrote:

      In my experience, it is important to make sure that a NIC is set to
      the same setting as the port on the switch. So if you have an
      unmanaged switch where all the ports are set to autodetect, you also
      need to set the NIC to autodetect. I have a 3Com NIC with a broadcom
      chip running in a RedHat Linux box, and I had to change the link speed
      and duplex to autodetect, because it was running VERY slowly when I
      had it set to 100/full.

      Is there a way to change the link speed and duplex of the NIC in the
      NSLU2??

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to: