1172RE: [nslu2-general] transfer speed

  • jncharli - tele2
    May 15, 2005
      Hello,

      The average speed you experienced is :

      - Volume transferred in Mbyte (the unit used in network is the byte
      and not the Byte) = 4,6 (Go) * 1 000 (Mo) * 8 (byte) = 36 800 Mbytes

      - Time in seconds = 23 (min) * 60 (s) = 1 380 s

      The average rate you have is 36 800 / 1 380 = 26,7 Mb/s

      According to what I can see with my own NSLU2, it is a good rate (I often
      have average rate at 22 Mb/s).

      Like you, I really don’t know why the performances are so poor.

      I use a Netgear FWG114P router, that I benchmarked up to 80 Mb/s with laptop
      to desktop direct file transfer.

      So, the router is out of cause. It seems that the NSLU2 embeds a poor
      network interface card.

      Maybe the support from Linksys could be of any help (LOL).

      Greetings

      _____