1053RE: [nslu2-general] Sharing the / directory

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Apr 8, 2005
      > This is almost guaranteed to break the NSLU2.
      > Linux config files are often not compatible with Windows
      > editors. Even in text mode, windows will add unwanted
      > carriage returns.

      At least this is not a problem with xemacs on XP. If the file opened is has
      EOL=LF rather than EOL=CR-LF, then it will save the file accordingly. I
      guess modern editors in general knows how to do this. As long as they open
      files as binary, Windows cannot add or remove anything.

      best,

      -- Inge
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic