1022Re: newbie - unmod nslu2 - SOLVED
- Mar 30, 2005For any future newbie:
1. Using the linksys setup program - set IP address to "get
automatically" rather than "manually"
2. Then from command prompt (Start>>Run>>cmd.exe) type "arp -a" and
use process of elimination to find the newly assigned IP address which
is NOT the default address.
3. Type the new address in explorer - get into the admin screen -
Workgroup = match the rest of my workgroup
IP Addresss = fixed (instead of dynamic) - it's now the newly assigned one
4. Now, everything works like in the manual - re: mapping drives, etc...
Thanks for the help! I can now sleep easily...
- << Previous post in topic