- Aug 18, 2004I guess I'll be first.
I've found a couple issues with the NSLU2, they have a lot of work
yet to do on the firmware.
Currently, there is also a non-linksys grassroots effort underway
for firmware development for the NSLU2. See the group:
My problems I've found thus far with the 2.3 r 25 linksys firmware
- Ethernet not negotiating with certain hubs.
- Drives not reformatting after a "problem" (unknown source, maybe
power outage). Required the hdd to be connected to another system,
and get all the partitions removed before reformatting would succeed.
- Scandisk failing on a drive (no extra details given-it just works
for a while, and then errors out)
- intermittently unable to create folders but able to write files on
the drive (seems like a drive error, but running surface scans from
another system report the drive is fine).
...and I'm certain there are more to come.
David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
Those who would give up their liberty for security deserve neither.
Funstuff: A husband is a man who gave up privileges he never knew he