Fax

  • Zsolt Molnar
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 18, 2011

      Ovidiu,

      There is a possibility to include rx_fax and fx_fax applications into the asterisk compilation?

      Thanks,

      Zsolt

    • Ovidiu Sas

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 19, 2011

          Ovidiu,

          Thanks, for the replay.

          Here is the link witch describes how to install and send faxes with asterisk.

          http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/spandsp.html

          I really would appreciate if you would integrate  those apps in the compilation.

          Regarding to the Google talk patch: Please do that too because for those who don’t use it won’t affect anyway and for who use it would help pretty much.

          If you implements those patches I will send you a beer.

          Thanks,

          Zsolt

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 19, 2011
            On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Zsolt Molnar <mail@...> wrote:

            Ovidiu,

            Thanks, for the replay.

            Here is the link witch describes how to install and send faxes with asterisk.

            http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/spandsp.html

            I really would appreciate if you would integrate  those apps in the compilation.

            The link that you provided is a tutorial.  What I need is a tested patch to integrate in the optware build system.

            Regarding to the Google talk patch: Please do that too because for those who don’t use it won’t affect anyway and for who use it would help pretty much.

            I know there are users that building there own custom asterisk packages.  If one of them can provide a patch for the optware build system, I could integrate it.

            Regards,
            Ovidiu Sas

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 19, 2011
              The gtalk patch can be found at
              https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18714

              Not sure if this is what you are asking.
              Thanks.

              --- In nslu2-asterisk@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas <osas@...> wrote:

              > On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Zsolt Molnar <mail@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Ovidiu,****
              > >
              > > ** **
              > >
              > > Thanks, for the replay.****
              > >
              > > Here is the link witch describes how to install and send faxes with
              > > asterisk.****
              > >
              > > ** **
              > >
              > > http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/spandsp.html
              > >
              > **
              > >
              > > I really would appreciate if you would integrate those apps in the
              > > compilation.
              > >

              > The link that you provided is a tutorial. What I need is a tested patch to
              > integrate in the optware build system.
              >

              > Regarding to the Google talk patch: Please do that too because for those who
              > > don't use it won't affect anyway and for who use it would help pretty much.
              > >

              > I know there are users that building there own custom asterisk packages. If
              > one of them can provide a patch for the optware build system, I could
              > integrate it.
              >

              > Regards,
              > Ovidiu Sas
              >
              > ****
              > >
              > > If you implements those patches I will send you a beer<http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/beer-detail.aspx?id=fa331e9c-604f-4ccd-9a29-4dd64c9a993c>
              > > .****
              > >
              > > ** **
              > >
              > > Thanks,****
              > >
              > > Zsolt****
              > >
              > > ** **

            • Ovidiu Sas
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 19, 2011
                That is a patch for vanilla asterisk.
                I need someone to test it on a NSLU (or other device using optware), confirm that it works and provide a patch for the optware build system.

                Regards,
                Ovidiu Sas

              • Ovidiu Sas

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 19, 2011

                  Greetings Ovidiu,

                  I tried to respond to the group (nslu2-asterisk@yahoogroups.com) with the GTalk patch  (Asterisk 1.8.5.0), however, I don’t think I received an email.

                  I hope that you will consider using the attached & patched GTalk version at the next compile,  notify me, and I can test it out on my spare ASUS NT-R16.

                  Thanks,

                  Raymond

                  Message 9 of 11 , Oct 22, 2011

                    Ovidiu,

                    The spandsp package is useless because spandsp was not compiled in asterisk.

                    The module : res_fax_spandsp.so is missing from asterisk.

                    The latest spandsp package is 0.0.6pre18. (http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/)

                    Would you so kind to recompile Asterisk with spandsp.

                    Thank you,

                    Zsolt

                    Message 10 of 11 , Oct 23, 2011
                      The spandsp 0.0.6pre18 doesn't cross compile on optware and asterisk18 doesn't recognize the spandsp package under optware.
                      Some tweak needs to be done on both ends.
                      If someone can provide a patch for both of this issues, I will upload it.

                      Regards,
                      Ovidiu Sas

                      The latest  package is 0.0.6pre18. (http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/)

                      Message 11 of 11 , Nov 15, 2011
                        To get fax working a while back, I used Iaxmodem which actually works pretty well - http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/installing-fax-on-freepbx-hylafax-iaxmodem#comment-32276 . The only thing is I switched from hylafax to efax since it uses less memory to save on resources. Iaxmodem contains spandsp but it may be an older version. It's been a while since I built it. It's been rock steady for over a year now. I've done over 500 faxes with it.