Call for law students to work on a cool project

  • Kel McClanahan (NSLS Intl)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      (ExComm members, please disseminate this email to your local listservs)

      Hello everyone,

      As many of you know, NSLS works very closely with the ABA Standing Committee on Law and Naitonal Security and the Young National Security Lawyers group, and a call for volunteers has come down the pipeline from them that we all agree should be disseminated to the NSLS community.  The announcement is below:

      (Note: Please contact Wendy only if you have no questions.  All questions should go to Lindsey)

      > The Program on National Security Reform (PONSR) is a
      > bipartisan effort
      to draft and advocate for the National Security Act
      > of 2008 - a
      comprehensive reform of the United States' defense and
      > intelligence
      agencies, and primarily interagency processes.  There
      > are a lot of
      big names associated with the project.  For those who
      > haven't heard
      about it, or are interested in information, attached is
      > a detailed word
      document about the opportunities involved and who is
      > currently leading
      the initiative.

      > Students who are interested in helping out with
      the project in spare
      > time this summer, or as a 40 hr/wk job (there are
      10, 20 and 40 hr/wk
      href="mailto:MARSHA.E.REID@...">MARSHA.E.REID@....
      > The
      email should contain a short statement of interest in the body
      > addressed
      to Wendy, and an attached resume or CV.

      > If students are
      interested but have questions (entirely